Statement of Intent
This policy sets out how we at Norman Mark otherwise known as Norman Mark Training or NMT use and protect the information that you provide when you use this website and/or our services.
It is our intention to ensure that any data you provide is managed respectfully, kept secure and only used for the purposes for which it has been provided.
This policy will be updated from time to time in line with prevailing legislation.
When you contact us via our website, phone or email we will collect your:
Name and address of organisation
Any information you choose to supply regarding the purpose of your enquiry
What do we do with this information?
We use this information in order to make contact with you to discuss your requirements.
We may also use this information to design and/or improve our services.
If you choose to go ahead with a booking we will send you out a copy of our contract which asks for more information* and explains once again how we will use information provided.
*In our contract we will ask for:
Your name, address, telephone and email contact details: so that we may contact you during the time we are working together.
You will also be asked to tick a box if you wish to receive promotional/further information about our services. If you do not tick this box we will not contact you.
Details of the work you wish to commission.
Your administrative details.
In the course of our work together:
We will make a note of information you provide to us in order that we can plan for courses.
We will hold details of course outcomes so that we can plan for your future events.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations GDPR(effective since May 2018) you have the following rights:
• the right to be informed (which is why we have produced this policy)
• the right of access (if you wish to see your file then please make a request in writing to Tina Simmonds, the Data Processor. We will provide you with the information within one month of your request)
• the right to rectification (this is your right to request changes to any information we hold that is factually inaccurate. If you believe any of the information we hold on you is incorrect then please let us know as soon as possible and we will make the relevant changes)
• the right to erasure (given the nature of our work we are required to hold your details for a period of 7 years, after this your information will be securely destroyed)
• the right to restrict processing; we will only use the information for the purposes that we have stated: most standards of confidentiality applied in professional contexts are based upon the Common Law concept of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of ‘greater good’. If in a trainer’s opinion there is good cause to believe that not to disclose would cause danger or serious harm to self, the trainer or others, then other appropriate agencies may be contacted. Only information required to ensure safety of relevant parties would be disclosed. Information may have to be disclosed without consent for the prevention, detection or prosecution of a crime.
• the right to data portability (this right is more relevant to IT companies e.g. the sharing of information when moving from one utility provider to another). We will not share your information, other than in the situations described above, without your specific consent.
• the right to object (we will not contact you for marketing purposes e.g. our newsletter, unless you have given us specific agreement to do so)
• the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling (we will not use your information for profiling purposes)
Cookies are small files which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive so that we can analyse web traffic to our site. Through this we can see which of our website's pages are being viewed. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can modify your setting to decline them if you prefer. If you choose to do this you may find that you cannot make full use of our website.
Links to other websites