|The course provides some knowledge for
NHS KSF: Core 6.2 (no idea what is this link)
Care Certificate: 1, 4, 5, 7
QCF: SHC 023, SHC 33
The course is designed for front line staff working in a variety of settings and disciplines.
The course will help organisations meet the CQC Fundamental Standards.
By the end of the course learners
- A range of definitions. To include:
Culture, Multicultural, Diversity, Racism, ADP, Oppression, Marginalisation, Discrimination, Prejudice, Assumptions, Stereotypes, Harassment, Composite Prejudice, Ethnicity, Direct and Indirect Discrimination etc.
- The different ways in which people from ‘different’ cultures can be discriminated against (generally and within service provision) To include:
- Language, Assumptions, Exclusion, ‘Attitude’
- What it might feel to be marginalised/oppressed in our society
- The different types of Discrimination
- How discrimination in Health and Care services may impact on the individual’s thinking, behaviour and potential
- What the Law says
- How guidelines and the organisation’s Diversity reflect the Law.
- How to apply Diversity principles into everyday practice; what do support workers need to consider: To include:
- Faith/Belief, Food, Personal care, Privacy, Dignity, Gender issues, Festivities, Personal and intimate relationships, The family, Touch, Sexuality etc.
- The need to reflect on our own beliefs on a continuing basis
|Training methods include: Tutor presentations, PowerPoint, Large Group Work, Demonstration, Practical sessions, Handouts, Chalk & Talk, Small Group Work, Quizzes, Practice examples.