||The Skilled Interviewee
|Not everyone is comfortable with attending interviews. Some people avoid applying for positions due to their fear of the interview; others do not gain deserved opportunities because of poor presentation in interviews.
As part of the course all participants will have the opportunity to practice new skills within a mock interview situation.
The course is informed by material from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and ACAS
|The course provides some knowledge for
NHS KSF: Core1.3, 2.1
Care certificate: 1, 2, 3
The course is designed for all staff wishing to apply for promotion within the organisation
By the end of the course learners
- The recruitment and selection process
- Steps they can take to successfully navigate the process
- Know what they need to consider when completing an application form (with specific reference to Job Descriptions and Person Specifications)
- How to prepare for an interview, including how to analyse the requirements of a position and how to plan responses to anticipated questions
- The need to know their strengths and areas for development and how best to sell these
- The need to project themselves-what makes them unique?
- How first impressions matter
- How they can you make a good impression
- How to present a positive and congruent self-image
- How to deal with anxiety
- How to respond to questions and interview etiquette
- The need to and how to objectively evaluate their performance
Training methods utilised include: Warm Ups and Ice Breakers, Role Plays, Tutor Presentations, Chalk and Talk, Visualisation, Small Group Work, Word Storming Methods, Feedback, Mock interview