The course is informed by the local Safeguarding policy, ‘No Secrets’ & ‘Safeguarding Adults Framework’ (2005).
The course is informed by and provides some underpinning
NHS KSF: HWB3
MIS (2012): 8.1
The course is designed for social workers,
support workers, nurses, OT’s, carers etc working in all areas of
care and support.
The course will assist the organisation to deliver CQC Outcome 7.
By the end of the course learners should understand:
• Key elements of current social policy relating to Safeguarding Adults
• The process of how to determine vulnerability and risk factors
• How to define Harm and assess Significant Harm
• A range of issues around assessing capacity and determining consent
• Issues around ‘uncooperative’ or service resistant adults
• How this relates to issues around domestic violence or abuse, crisis intervention and user led homeostasis
• The Local Authority’s Safeguarding policy and procedures and inter-agency proceedings
• How the policy affects the organisation’s policies & procedures
• The organisation’s whistle blowing policy and principles
• The process of responding to a disclosure and implementing support structures
• The importance of recording statements and evidence
• The importance of basic active listening skills
• How Personalisation affects learners’ Safeguarding role
|Training methods utilised include Tutor presentations, OHP/PowerPoint, Large Group Work, Demonstration, Practical sessions, Handouts, Chalk & Talk, Small Group Work, Video/DVD, Group discussions, Practice examples, Role play|