||Report Writing for Managers
|Well written reports not only fulfill a professional and sometimes legal function, but also provide a strong impression of the particular manager and their employing organisation. This course, focusing on written reports for both internal and external use is designed to consider all aspects of report writing and recording including: structuring a report; delivering information; and using grammar and language appropriately.
The course is informed by the organisation’s policy and the BASW Code.
|The course provides some knowledge for
NHS KSF: Core 1.3
QCF: 4.1, 4.2, 4.3
The course is designed for all managers in Health & Social Care in all settings.
The course will help organisations meet CQC Fundamental Standards
By the end of the course learners
- What is a report
- The different types of reports
- The need for professional report writing
- The importance of recording clearly
- Confidentiality in terms of report writing
- Data Protection in the context
- How to produced a structured report:
-The six stages of report writing
- A model framework for report writing, including:
-The use of headings
-Executive summaries etc.
- Using grammar and language appropriately to enhance understanding and presentation: common mistakes
- Objectively presenting facts v. making judgments, conclusions and recommendations: the balance
- Note taking and note taking tips
- Active listening and sensory acuity
- Using non judgmental language and recognising inappropriate language
Training methods utilised include: Tutor presentations, PowerPoint, Group work, Practice scenarios provided by the learners, Handouts