||Recruitment and Selection
|The course aims to familiarise learners with Equality and other relevant legislation, their organisational policy and recruitment procedure. The workshop forms the basis for a corporate and systematic approach to recruitment and selection working within a framework of best practice and organisational procedure. It is a practical course and there will be opportunities to practice elements of the process with a particular emphasis on interviewing skills.
The course is informed by organisational policies, relevant legislation including the Equality Act (2010), ACAS guidance on Recruitment and Selection, good practice as informed by the CIPD and is set in the context of CQC Fundamental Standards.
|The course provides some knowledge for
MIS (2012): 6.4
NHS KSF: G6.4
The course is designed for staff that have the responsibility for recruitment in all contexts.
By the end of the course learners
- The role and function of the Manager in the recruitment process
- Key legislation and Good Practice that underpin the task
- The skills required
- The stages of the organisation’s recruitment procedure
- How each stage of the procedure relates to the Equality and Diversity Policy
- The importance and the purpose of the of Job Description and Person Specification
- How to be aware of personal biases we bring with us to the selection process and how to manage our ‘gut instinct’
- How to use a Person Specification to short list against application forms
- What other documentation the organisation has in relation to the recruitment and selection process and how to use it effectively
- How to prepare for and carry out selection interviews including the role and responsibilities of each panel member
- Questioning techniques as a means of gaining evidence of the level of knowledge, skills, experience and abilities candidates have
- Assessing to what extent applicants meet the requirements of the Person Specification
- Preparing, conducting and assessing the effectiveness of a selection interview
- How to record candidates’ responses during an interview, scoring and documenting decisions
Training methods utilised include: Tutor Presentation, PowerPoint, Handouts, Group work, Mock interview