|Confidentiality is an issue that often causes confusion; particularly in informal settings such as day services and domiciliary care. This informality often leads to boundaries being rather fluid resulting in major breaches of confidentiality. At best this can lead to conflict in teams and disrespect for service users; at worst, breakdown of services, job losses and even physical violence. This course aims to provide clarity and provide learners with opportunities to translate theory and guidelines into practice.
The course is informed by BASW, the Code of Conduct for Healthcare Support Workers & Adult Social Care Workers and RCN guidelines.
The course supports the Social Care Commitment and is set in the context of The Care Act 2014 (promoting health and wellbeing).
|The course provides some knowledge for
Care Cert: 3, 6.4, 7
NHS KSF: HWB 1.1
MIS (2012): 2.1.2
The course is designed for workers in Health & Social Care in all settings. The course would also be a useful refresher for managers and people working in other areas of practice e.g. O.T’s
The course will help organisations to deliver the CQC fundamental standards.
By the end of the course learners
- What is meant by confidentiality and why it is so important in our work
- Why confidentiality has its limits
- The consequences of poor confidentiality on service users and others e.g. breach of trust, risk
- Professional Guidelines
-The BASW Code of Practice
-The Code of Conduct for Healthcare Support Workers & Adult Social Care Workers in England
- The Data Protection Act
- Confidentiality in Recording, Storage and Disposal
- Confidentiality in computers, discs etc
- Confidentiality & verbal communication
- Confidentiality and telephone calls
- Confidentiality and the Police
- How to be assertive regarding verbal communications and demands for disclosure
- Common dilemmas e.g.
-Disclosure to partners and family members
-Disclosure to other service users
Training methods utilised include: small and larger Group Work, Tutor Presentations, PowerPoint, Chalk & Talk, Handouts, Word Shower method, Listening Exercise, Practice Examples, Questions and Answers, Feedback