The course is informed by Assertive principles, Rogerian theory and Transactional Analysis.
|The course is designed for personnel working at all levels in a variety of roles and diverse settings in Commerce, Industry and would also be suitable for teams in Law, Architecture etc.|
By the end of the course learners should understand:
• What it means to be ‘assertive’
• The need for staff to be assertive in the workplace
• How confidence and positive self esteem help the service
• The potential consequences of lack of confidence, including the impact of non assertive behaviour on
performance/competence and problem solving
• How lack of confidence impacts on relationships and safety
• What leads to some of us being under-confident. What were the influences?
• How negative experiences such as failure, knock one’s confidence
• Options for healing; what can be done to draw a line underneath the past and start anew
• How the environment can promote positive self esteem
• What can be done to develop confidence: e.g.
- being valued
- having a sense of potency
- having responsibilities
• How services can help increase levels of confidence
• Different ways staff can promote a sense of worth and growth
|Training methods utilised include theoretical presentation with experiential methods. Tutor presentations, PowerPoint, Chalk & talk, Small and larger Group work, Pairs work, Handouts, Feedback, Ideas shower|