This course offers an overview of the boundaries that are expected, what poor boundaries can result in and how to begin to strengthen weaker boundaries in the interest of all individuals and the organisation.
The course is informed by the organisations Policies, Transactional Analysis and Assertiveness theory.
|The course is designed for office based staff in all settings. The course will, through the promotion of a ‘healthier’ work culture, assist the organisation deliver a better service to customers.|
By the end of the course learners should understand:
• What is meant by ‘boundaries’
• How personal boundaries are very different to those at work
• Why we need to have clarity regarding boundaries at work
• Where do we find this clarity?
• The potential consequences of poor boundaries within a team; for all involved
• Typical areas that cause boundary problems:
- Personal relationships at work, gossip, sub-grouping, breaches of confidentiality
- Language, humour, sexual innuendo, personal comments, discriminatory views
- Inappropriate touch, lack of courtesy, over familiarity, inappropriate self-disclosure
- Lack of responsibility, missed deadlines, ‘dumping’ on others
• How small boundary issues can grow
• How an unhealthy culture can develop
• How each person can help promote appropriate boundaries and change the culture
• How the team as a whole can lead change
• Assertiveness skills that can easily be applied
• Workers rights and the organisation’s responsibilities
• Organisational Policy and guidelines
|Training methods utilised include Tutor presentation, PowerPoint, Chalk and talk, Word shower method, Discussion, Work in pairs, Quiz, Handouts, Role Play|